Google unveiled the long awaited Nexus One phone today They have dubbed it a “superphone” – which is a little cheesy for my tastes. The Nexus One is a sexy looking phone. Not as sexy as Daryl Hannah in Blade Runner, but it is only the Nexus One and not a Nexus 6.
Full details videos, and pics after the break:
Nexus One is initially available from the Google web store in the US:
* Without service for $529
* or starting at $179 with a two-year contract from T-Mobile USA.
In the near future, Google will sell the Nexus One for use on Verizon Wireless and Vodafone networks. Google is initially only taking orders from the US, the UK, Singapore, and Hong Kong. The Google Nexus One can be purchased at www.google.com/phone.
QUICK SPECS FROM GOOGLE (Full Specs Below):
* Display: 3.7″ AMOLED 480×800 WVGA display
* Thinness: 11.5mm; Weight: 130g
* Processor/Speed: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 3G QSD8250 chipset, delivering speeds up to 1GHz
* Camera: 5 megapixel auto focus with flash and geo tagging
* Onboard memory: 512MB Flash, 512MB RAM
* Expandable memory: 4GB removable SD Card (expandable to 32GB)
* Ports: 3.5mm stereo headphone jack with four contacts for inline voice and remote control
* Battery: Removable 1400 mAh
* Trackball: Tri-color notification LED, alerts when new emails, chats, text messages arrive
* Android 2.1
* Google Maps Navigation: offering turn-by-turn driving directions with voice output.
* Email: multiple Gmail accounts; universal inbox and Exchange support.
* Phone book: aggregate contacts from multiple sources, including Facebook®.
* Quick Contacts: easily switch between communication and social applications.
* Android Market: access to more than 18,000 applications.
* New Functionality:
* Enter text without typing.
* Search Google, call contacts, or get driving directions by just speaking into your phone.
* Enhanced personalization.
* Enhanced Camera Functionality and new 3D Gallery.
* Read your voicemail messages with Google Voice integration.
Video from Google:
Images from Google:
FULL SPECS FROM GOOGLE:
Google Nexus One
Power and battery:
Removable 1400 mAH battery
Charges at 480mA from USB, at 980mA from supplied charger
Up to 10 hours on 2G
Up to 7 hours on 3G
Up to 290 hours on 2G Up to 250 hours on 3G
Up to 5 hours on 3G
Up to 6.5 hours on Wi-Fi
Up to 7 hours
Up to 20 hours
Qualcomm QSD 8250 1 GHz
Android Mobile Technology Platform 2.1 (Eclair)
4GB Micro SD Card (Expandable to 32 GB)
Assisted global positioning system (AGPS) receiver
Cell tower and Wi-Fi positioning
Size and weight:
Weight: 130 grams w/battery
100g w/o battery
3.7-inch (diagonal) widescreen WVGA AMOLED touchscreen
800 x 480 pixels
100,000:1 typical contrast ratio
1ms typical response rate
Camera & Flash
Autofocus from 6cm to infinity
2X digital zoom
User can include location of photos from phone’s AGPS receiver
Video captured at 720×480 pixels at 20 frames per second or higher, depending on lighting conditions
Cellular & Wireless
UMTS Band 1/4/8 (2100/AWS/900)
GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
A2DP stereo Bluetooth
Buttons, connectors and controls:
Front / Top:
3.5mm stereo headphone jack
Charging and notification indicator
Illuminated capacitive soft keys:
Back, Home, Menu, and Search
Tri-color clickable trackball
Back / Bottom
Dock pin connectors
Micro USB port
* Haptic feedback
* Teflon™ coated back
* Second microphone for active noise cancellation
* SIM card slot
* Micro SD slot
* Proximity sensor
* Light sensor
Graphics, video and audio:
AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1 (AAC+), HE-AACv2 (enhanced AAC+) Mono/Stereo standard bit rates up to 160 kbps and sampling rates from 8 to 48kHz, AMR-NB 4.75 to 12.2 kbps sampled @ 8kHz, AMR-WB 9 rates from 6.60 kbit/s to 23.85 kbit/s sampled @ 16kHz., MP3 Mono/Stereo 8-320Kbps constant (CBR) or variable bit-rate (VBR), MIDI SMF (Type 0 and 1), DLS Version 1 and 2, XMF/Mobile XMF, RTTTL/RTX, OTA, iMelody, Ogg Vorbis, WAVE (8-bit and 16-bit PCM) Image : JPEG (encode and decode), GIF, PNG, BMP.
Video: H.263 (encode and decode) MPEG-4 SP (encode and decode) H.264 AVC (decode)
Audio encoders: AMR-NB 4.75 to 12.2 kbps sampled @ 8kHz
English (U.S), French (France), German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Korean, Japanese, Russian,
English (U.S), French (France), German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil),